As Simple As Possible, As Complex As Necessary is a blog focused on exploring the balance between simplicity and complexity, in particular as it relates to the development of web systems with ColdFusion.
- Upgrading to FW/1 2.5A minor code change was necessary when upgrading my apps to use the latest version of FW/1. There's also a small but useful addition to the API.
- Installing ColdFusion 9 on Windows 8Struggling to install the 64-bit version of ColdFusion 9 on your Windows 8 PC? Try the 32-bit installer.
- How to use SSL with more than one site in an IIS7 development environmentA simple way of supporting multiple SSL sites in IIS7 on a development machine with just one ip address
- The simplicity of Adaptive ImagesA new ColdFusion version of the server-side solution to automatically create, cache, and deliver device-appropriate versions of your website's images.
- Faster spreadsheet generation from queries in ColdFusionStop using SpreadsheetAddRows() to populate spreadsheets from queries. The cfspreadsheet tag does it much faster.
- Too simple? Flat UI formsThe current vogue for ultra simplicity in web design is generally welcome, but sometimes borders, gradients and drop-shadows are necessary.
- ColdFusion ORM quirks: ordering one-to-many children via a link tableFirst in a series on minor aspects of CF ORM which have tripped me up.
- Simpler param syntax in cfscriptAn apparently undocumented way of writing cfparam equivalents in script is both simpler and more consistent (via Adam Cameron and Sean Corfield).
- Error using a method call as a default function argumentCalling a CFC method as the default argument value for another function in the same component results in a "can't load a null" error if the method and argument names are the same and the call is not scoped.
- Too simple? USB power chargingBeing able to charge your smartphone or other device using any standard micro USB cable is convenient, but introduces a security risk.