As Simple As Possible, As Complex As Necessary is a blog focused on exploring the balance between simplicity and complexity, in particular as it relates to the development of web systems with CFML.
- Manually connecting Lucee to an IIS websiteIf you only need Lucee to run some of your IIS websites, connecting them up manually one by one is a fairly straightforward option.
- How to force Firefox to download mp3 filesBy default Firefox (on Windows at least) will play mp3 files using an embedded player. Here's how to force it to download them instead.
- Simpler and (ever so) slightly faster looping in Lucee cfscriptMoving to the simpler, more expressive loop script syntax in Lucee brings an unexpected, albeit tiny, performance gain.
- Lucee Spreadsheet Library: How to populate multiple sheets from separate queriesHow to use the Lucee Spreadsheet library to create a spreadsheet containing multiple sheets each populated from a query.
- String concatenation in LuceeBuilding strings in Lucee 4.5 using arrays seems to be slower than ColdFusion 9. Java may be best where performance matters.
- Average Request Time: Lucee 4.5 vs ColdFusion 9Running on the same server, Lucee 4.5 appears to process requests around twice as fast as ColdFusion9 on average.
- The simplicity of LuceeHow Lucee is making my code simpler compared to ColdFusion 9
- An alternative way of working with spreadsheets in LuceeImplementing spreadsheet functionality in Lucee using the old Railo extension is more complex than I'd like, so I've re-written it as a standalone library.
- Migrating from ColdFusion to Railo to LuceeHaving recently moved to Railo from ColdFusion 9, switching to Lucee has proved mercifully straightforward, despite continuing issues with ORM.
- Migrating from ColdFusion to Railo Part 7: PDFsFurther notes on issues and workarounds when migrating apps from Adobe ColdFusion 9 to Railo 4.2