As Simple As Possible, As Complex As Necessary is a blog focused on exploring the balance between simplicity and complexity, in particular as it relates to the development of web systems with ColdFusion.
- Fixing a strange Ehcache issue in CF9How to fix the "net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: error setting options" issue in ColdFusion 9
- ColdFusion ORM quirks: removing one-to-many childrenRemoving individual one-to-many child objects from a parent ORM entity is straightforward. But if you want to remove several or all at once, things are a bit trickier.
- The simplicity of migrating from MySQL to MariaDBUpgrading from an old version of MySQL to the latest MariaDB as the database for ColdFusion applications is generally very easy, but you may need to update the data source connector
- Upgrading to FW/1 2.5A minor code change was necessary when upgrading my apps to use the latest version of FW/1. There's also a small but useful addition to the API.
- Installing ColdFusion 9 on Windows 8Struggling to install the 64-bit version of ColdFusion 9 on your Windows 8 PC? Try the 32-bit installer.
- How to use SSL with more than one site in an IIS7 development environmentA simple way of supporting multiple SSL sites in IIS7 on a development machine with just one ip address
- The simplicity of Adaptive ImagesA new ColdFusion version of the server-side solution to automatically create, cache, and deliver device-appropriate versions of your website's images.
- Faster spreadsheet generation from queries in ColdFusionStop using SpreadsheetAddRows() to populate spreadsheets from queries. The cfspreadsheet tag does it much faster.
- Too simple? Flat UI formsThe current vogue for ultra simplicity in web design is generally welcome, but sometimes borders, gradients and drop-shadows are necessary.
- ColdFusion ORM quirks: ordering one-to-many children via a link tableFirst in a series on minor aspects of CF ORM which have tripped me up.