As Simple As Possible, As Complex As Necessary is a blog focused on exploring the balance between simplicity and complexity, in particular as it relates to the development of web systems with ColdFusion.
- Too simple? Contactless payment cardsAre RFID payment cards that don't require authentication or confirmation an example of technology that is too simple?
- A simpler way of converting a query column to an array in ColdFusionHow to convert a query column to an array using built-in functions rather than looping.
- Integrating imgscalr into ColdFusion as a replacement for ImageScaleToFit()How to use the java library imgscalr in ColdFusion as a replacement for ImageScaleToFit().
- Saving IP addresses as integers with ColdFusion ORM and MySQLStoring IP addresses as integers is easy with direct MySQL statements, but how to do it via ORM?
- (Much) Simpler disabling of HTML5 form validation to test server-side checksHow I got 19 lines of jQuery down to zero.
- Removing analytics clutter from campaign URLsHow to clean up URLs by removing Google Analytics campaign tracking parameters once they've done their job.
- Including code in Disqus commentsQuick tips for better looking code snippets in your Disqus comments
- Simple disabling of HTML5 form validation to test server-side checksClient-side form validation needs to be disabled temporarily when testing server-side input rules. Some simple jQuery can handle this when using the new HTML5 validation attributes.
- The simplicity of plain text emailsClients love the benefits of HTML emails. But plain text may be more effective.